Blackheads are a form of acne that is formed when excess oil gets collected in your skin pores. These black or yellowish bumps occur during the first stages of acne. The major reason for the formation of blackheads is due to the accumulation of excess oils in the ducts of the sebaceous gland. The oils get tarnished when exposed to the air and this result in clogged pores. The dark pigment melanin naturally found in your skin makes blackheads appear black in color and hence the name blackheads.
Blackheads are tiny acne that occurs in both men and women of all ages. Area around the nose, chin and forehead, as well as the arms, chest and back are generally affected by blackheads. These areas have over-active oil glands and this is the reason for the formation of blackheads here. By strictly implementing a skin care routine that pays great attention to acne problems, you can minimize blackheads on your face and body.
Ways to prevent blackheads
The best way to prevent blackheads is by keeping your skin clean and healthy. Daily skin care regimen is another way to prevent the appearance of blackheads. The other ways of preventing blackheads are given below.
- In order to get rid of existing blackheads and prevent their occurrence in future, you need to exfoliate at least thrice a week. Exfoliation unclogs pores and reduces blemishes and pigmentation spots.
- Use a moisturizer regularly to prevent blackheads. Moisturizers help the skin to maintain its suppleness. Your skin begins to look newer and smoother by using a moisturizer.
- Steaming is the perfect remedy for preventing blackheads. It helps in loosening dirt accumulated on the skin. People with oily skin must use steaming, the most effective way to get rid of blackheads. Steaming opens pores and cleanses the face.
- Using masks or peels is another most effective way to prevent the appearance of blackheads. A good mask will tighten pores and prevent blackheads. A peel off mask will remove oil, dirt and dead skin cells from your face and prevent further blackheads.
- Ensure to wash your face before going to bed, particularly when you have a make-up. Try to avoid make-up often and use only oil-free make-ups.
Natural home remedies to clear blackheads
- Aloe Vera has medicinal properties that soothe the skin and do not cause irritation on the skin like chemical based products. The natural antibiotic in Aloe Vera cleans and kills bacteria. It cools skin and is the most effective way home remedy for blackheads.
- Lemon juice sanitizes and eliminates dead skin cells. Lemon contains citric acid, a natural astringent that has antibacterial properties.
- You can make an oatmeal and honey mask at home for removing blackheads. Oatmeal cleanses the skin, while honey softens the skin.
- Rose water is best home remedy for getting rid of blackheads. Rose petals have antibacterial properties that soothe skin.