Whiteheads are form of acne with minute white pump projections on the skin. The major cause of whiteheads is due to the accumulation of oil in the skin pores. Whiteheads are also caused because of the clogging of a hair follicle pore with dirt, oil and bacteria. The pores or follicles get clogged when the oil, or sebum, from the sebaceous gland do not get properly drained to the surface of the skin. This leads to the formation of microcomedone, a bacterium that causes whiteheads. Besides, the other major causes of whiteheads include lack of proper hygiene, genetic factors, hormonal changes, stress and diet. Whiteheads occur mostly on the face and around the nose. However, depending on the skin type people also get whiteheads on the chest, neck and forehead.
Ways to prevent whiteheads
The best way to prevent whiteheads would be to drink lots of water and avoid fried and spicy foods. Diet plays a crucial role in preventing the occurrence of whiteheads. A healthy and well-balanced diet comprising of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, sprouts, nuts and seeds will help in preventing whiteheads. Consume foods rich in vitamin A, vitamin B2 and vitamin E. These foods are beneficial in treating and preventing whiteheads and acne. Don’t forget to include milk, yogurt, pumpkin seeds, spinach and legumes in your diet if you suffer from acne problems and whiteheads.
It is very important to ensure that you keep your skin clean by frequently exfoliating and moisturizing it in order to prevent whiteheads. Whiteheads occur mostly on oily skin; therefore it is better to avoid using oily cosmetics to prevent whiteheads. Natural remedies are the most effective cure for whiteheads. Here are a few natural remedies that will help you in getting rid of whiteheads and prevent their occurrence in future.
- Steaming helps open up clogged pores and is the most effective natural cures for getting rid of whiteheads.
- Combine a mixture of groundnut oil and lime juice and apply this on the affected area. This helps in reducing and getting rid of whiteheads and acne.
- Applying a paste made out of fenugreek leaves on your face is the best natural cure for whiteheads.
- Combining fresh lime juice and pomegranate juice in equal parts and applying this mixture on the affected area is a beneficial natural remedy in curing whiteheads.
- Lemon juice is most effective in getting rid of whiteheads. Soak a cotton ball with lemon juice and apply it on the affected area. Follow this natural remedy before going to bed at night and get instant results.
If you are seriously looking for natural ways to get rid of whiteheads, follow these natural remedies. They will help you eliminate whiteheads completely.