Cosmetic surgery involves bringing changes to the body by restoring impaired function and improving the overall physical appearance. This surgical specialty largely involves changes in the bodily surface in addition to changes in the appearance of the face and exposed parts. The term “cosmetic” means fully changing the appearance and reforming the body tissues-bones, fat, muscle, cartilage, and skin.
People these days opt for cosmetic surgery to remove blemishes on the face, increase the bust size and to treat other body, skin problems. Cosmetic surgery is becoming increasingly popular these days among people, particularly among actors and actress to enhance their beautiful looks. The primary objective of cosmetic surgery is to improve the appearance of a particular individual by altering the body parts.
Many people opt for cosmetic surgery after knowing that it brought about positive results on someone else. Cosmetic surgery is a quick and easy way to enhance appearance and look your best. However, it is a lesser known fact that there are several dangers of cosmetic surgery. Most people are not affected by cosmetic surgery and it works well for them, while a few others experience ill effects. It is better to have complete knowledge about the pros and cons of cosmetic surgery before opting for the surgical specialty. Most people consider cosmetic surgery to be a lifestyle choice. Cosmetic surgery involves health risks and can be unsafe for those who do not choose a well-qualified surgeon. Here are a few dangers of cosmetic surgery.
- Cosmetic surgery involves health risks such as infection and blood clots. Clotting is a danger of cosmetic surgery. If the clot breaks apart from the surgery area, it can go into the lungs and cause blockage. This can result in breathlessness.
- It also involves the risk of wound infection, bleeding and scarring.
- Cosmetic surgery is dangerous as it involves the risk of bruising and swelling, which can continue for about weeks or months.
- Cosmetic surgery is stressful and due to lack of sleep you will experience pain, fatigue, swelling and depression.
- Patients undergoing cosmetic surgery can get affected by the reaction of the anesthesia, which is used to put them to sleep before beginning the surgery. Besides pain relievers and antibiotics given to patients can have side-effects on them.
- Scarring is another danger of cosmetic surgery. Surgeons make all possible efforts to minimize scars that occur during surgery. However, there is no appropriate procedure to heal your body perfectly.
- People opting for cosmetic surgery will experience the danger of overgrowth of tissue in the incision area after undergoing surgery. There is no procedure to correct this particular problem.
It is very important to take into account various dangers involved in cosmetic surgery before opting for the same. Seek explanation from your surgeon about the procedure of cosmetic surgery in detail before opting for the surgery.