There could be nothing more refreshing than having a soothing cup of herbal tea on a cold winter morning. Besides being great in taste and keeping you relaxed, herbal tea has several health benefits. Herbs have numerous healing powers and when combined to make tea they help in proper digestion, easing insomnia and relaxing the mind. Herbal tea is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. Herbal tea does not contain caffeine like normal tea or coffee and hence a great drink for healthy skin. Herbal tea helps detoxify skin, thereby keeping it healthier. The antioxidant properties contained in herbal teas help slow down aging process and keeps skin revitalized.
Common Herbal Teas For Healthy Skin
This herbal tea is made from flowers and helps in treating dry skin conditions. Here are some of the benefits of chamomile tea.
- Skin disorders such as diaper rash, chickenpox, psoriasis and eczema can be treated by having chamomile tea.
- Chamomile herbal tea is excellent for treating skin allergies and fungal infections due to its antibacterial properties.
- The antibacterial properties in the herbal tea also help cure cuts and wounds quickly.
- When applied directly to the wounded area, chamomile tea helps cuts and wounds heal fast.
- Besides treating skin infections, chamomile herbal tea relaxes body and calms mind.
Mint tea has remarkable medicinal properties that helps cure a number of skin problems. Benefits of mint tea are given below.
- Mint tea helps flush out toxins from the body and soothes skin.
- Mint tea cures skin infections and itching.
- It helps to treat minor burns and skin disorders like acne.
- Mint tea treats eczema and boils.
- It eliminates blemishes and age spots.
Ginger tea has healing benefits for the skin and is an excellent option to treat body aces and burns.
- Ginger tea aids in digestion and helps treat acne, boils.
- It helps prevent premature aging and promotes healthier skin complexion.
- Improves blood circulation, thereby reducing the appearance of cellulite.
- Ginger tea soothes sore muscles and provides relief from aching joints.
- It fights blemishes and improves skin tone.
Tea prepared by combining ginger, cinnamon and mint is great in taste and helps cleanse blood.
- Ginseng tea has healing properties and helps to treat acne.
- This herbal tea is best for removing scars left behind due to pimples.
- It helps fight signs of aging and offset dryness, wrinkles and other age-related skin problems.
- Ginseng tea boosts oxygenation to skin cells, thereby promoting skin cell regeneration.
- Improves skin complexion, making it look youthful.
This is most commonly had herbal drink by people suffering from diabetes.
- The antioxidants in green tea help fight damage caused by free radicals.
- Green tea helps prevent skin cancer.
- Helps revitalize skin cells.
- Its anti-inflammatory effect helps fight inflammation.
- Green tea helps treat acne and lightens skin color.