With today’s fast paced lifestyle getting stressed out is inevitable and the eyes are the first ones to suffer. Stress is a major reason for development of under eye bags. Under eye bags, puffiness and dark circles are caused due to stress. Besides, stress the other major reasons for developing under eye bags include hormonal changes, heredity, allergic reactions, water retention, complications from medications and other health issues.
Insufficient sleep can also cause under eye bags, a condition where fat accumulates in the eye area. The skin under the eye area is slender comprising of several blood vessels and this is one of the major reasons for the occurrence of under eye bags. The blood vessels are responsible for development of bags and this problem further aggravates when fat and excess fluid accumulate under the eye area, thereby leading to puffiness.
People often opt for beauty products and anti aging creams to cure under eye bags and dark circles. Although these products promise instant results, they are quiet expensive and may leave certain side effects. It is therefore advisable to select the most appropriate products that suit your skin. The best way to cure under eye bags is to opt for natural remedies that do not have any side effects and are inexpensive. Here are a few home remedies that will help you get rid of under eye puffiness and dark circles.
- You can reduce puffiness and dark circles by placing cotton balls soaked in milk under the eye area for a few minutes. Milk contains lactic acid, which helps in minimizing puffiness and dark circles.
- Applying cucumber juice or placing cucumber pieces under the eye area is the most effective natural remedy to get rid of under eye bags and dark circles.
- Place chamomile or black tea bags under the eye area to reduce puffiness.
- Combine one tablespoon of honey with warm water and apply this mixture under the eye area. This is an excellent natural remedy for curing bags under the eyes.
- Apply yogurt under the eyes during bed time for instant results. The lactic acid in yogurt renews skin cells, thereby reducing puffiness and dark circles.
- Almond oil contains vitamin E and D, which helps in getting rid of puffiness and discoloration.
- A mixture of rosewater and witch hazel in equal proportions should be applied on the eyes for at least 15 minutes. This helps in soothing the eyes and completely getting rid of under eye bags.
Diet plays a major role in preventing under eye bags and dark circles. Under eye puffiness can be due to dehydration. It is advisable to drink plenty of water, as it helps in flushing out toxins from the body and keeps you hydrated. Water is the most effective remedy for getting rid of under eye puffiness. Get sufficient sleep, as lack of sleep causes tiredness in the eyes and results in dark circles. Follow these simple and natural remedies to completely get rid of under eye bags.